I cannot express how excited I am about the new Instagram Highlights feature! Think about this for a second. Before the new feature, our Instagram pages were just static. This new feature is a game changer.
Instagram Highlights gives me life for several reasons.
For the past several months, I have found myself wishing for a method to deliver my story without always being present. I go live on Instagram usually a minimum of three times a week. It can be extremely exhausting and tiring, not to mention demanding! My concern is that I always want my face & personality to shine through, even in my absence from live streaming. So, lets’s be clear. This new feature is epic! It took Instagram a full 35 hours to get the new feature to me! Ugh, I could not wait to get my fabulous little fingers on them, Lol!
I’m going to share my reasons for the excitement about Instagram’s Highlight feature, and how I intend to use it within my business. Hint hint: these are also ways that you can use them too!
- The first way I’m going to use Instagram stories is by introducing my brand. I will add a VSL (video sales letter) to give that emotional first-look into the brand. VSL’s should be about 30 seconds max, and give the visitor a complete, rounded introduction into your brand story. You can see mine here.
- The second use for the new Highlight feature from Instagram will be to offer my freebies. Generally, people want to know more about your brand & the offerings.
- I intend to include an ongoing list of my giveaways. This is a great way to grow your email list!
- The next way I will use Instagram Highlights is to make my offers. When there are new offers, like my Holiday Bundle, I will do so in one section. Making offers helps the customer get right to their solution. But also, making Offers a category of its own helps me with analytics.
- Finally, the last use, or category, for my Instagram Story Highlights section will be for affiliate links. Affiliate links are a great way to generate extra income. In fact, I am teaching my audience some very cool ways to do exactly that!
So there you have it! My four reasons for living for the Instagram Story Highlights feature!
So, do you want to learn more about branding and digital marketing strategies? Follow me @theposhgirlsclub now!