There are some days where you just want to lay in the comfort of your bed, blocking the sunlight beaming through your bedroom window as the day starts to begin. Whether it be a Monday, a typical workday, or if you’re on your shark week, you just don’t feel ready to get out and get the day started. At some point, we all have to. But here are just some tips and tricks on how to regain your energy and feel a little more productive with just the small things for your daily routine.
- Start off your morning with some music. Personally, I like to play upbeat scores from various soundtracks of superhero movies. You are your own hero. Embrace that. Because even the mightiest of superheroes need to get their day started.
- Make your bed. As comforting as it is to be a blanket burrito, your energy will only decrease as you simmer in the building heat of said blanket burrito. Then you get gross, sweaty, and your armpits start to smell like onions. Get up, darling. It takes one to two minutes to make your bed. You don’t even have to tuck in sheets or make it fancy. Lay out your sheets and even keep it a little bumpy and wavy for a comforting and plush oceanic appearance.
- Make your morning beverage. Whether it be coffee, tea, a smoothie, or anything that fits your fancy. It’s your treat for the day. You deserve it for waking up and getting out of bed.
- Create your goals for the day. Just today. Not the week, not the month, just the day. Now, what is your goal for the day? Is it to finish a project? Is it to clean your room a bit? Is it going to the gym? Is it getting the amount of squats you need for the 30 Day Squat Challenge? Is it having to face people you would rather not interact with? Whatever your biggest priority for the day is, work on that.
- Take care of yourself. If you have the time, go for a brisk walk and pop in your headphones for some music. Do a good few rounds of squats to make your glutes happy. Talk to loved ones. Text, message, email, call, anything. Reach out and show love for one another. More importantly, do not forget to breathe and remind yourself of your blessings.
You’re Almost Done!
- When the sun is setting and the day slowly comes to an end, give yourself a pat on the back and reward yourself. Have a glass of wine and sit back with your favourite movie starring (insert favourite actor here) or watch your favourite television shows. I am a sucker for Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Benedict Cumberbatch films at the end of the day.
- Give yourself one more pat on the back as you lay your head down to rest. You did an outstanding job. Engulf within those luxurious blankets of yours and hug yourself as you fall into a good night’s rest.
- Good job! Repeat. Let’s do it all over again.
Carry on, my wayward sisters.