The silent self-loathing some women endure on an everyday basis with their own bodies is a wounding tragedy that I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy, yet a lot of us do this to ourselves daily, all in the name of what society deems as “beautiful.’
Regrettably, I admit that I am one of those women.
And I won’t get into all the reasons why or how I’ve struggled with my weight since I can remember and where it stems from and how it happened etc. that’s for another blog.
But I will tell you, it has hurt my business and here’s why…
For a long time it kept me from even wanting to start my business. I was always coming up with excuses of why it wasn’t the right time, “maybe when I lose 20 lbs or do waist training or when I lose my stomach or when I find a good cellulite cream or when I get rid of my double chin or my flabby arms THEN I will start my business” or how about “when I get back in the gym, I will start doing Periscopes or FB Live or Instagram Story’s.”
You see, not only did I have to change my entire mindset before I started my business but even after I started it, it still prevented me from wanting to get visible and I know many women who have experienced the same. Afterall, having an online business makes it super easy and convenient to hide behind a computer, a smart phone and your brand. But at what point do you stop hiding? At what point do you stop the madness? At what point do you say enough is enough?
AT THIS POINT. RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW.
If you’re exhausted like I was from worrying about what number is going to appear when you jump on that scale in the morning or if you are sick and tired of letting your weight impact your decisions or hinder you from the things you know you should be doing in your business. Today, I challenge you to forgive yourself and instead of depriving yourself, nourish yourself with love.
Here are some simple but effective things that I implemented in my life to stop the self-loathing when it comes to your body and start the healing with self- love.
- Envision food as love or hate. Vegetables, fruits, whole grains represents = love because your body needs them to be healthy. Bad carbs and refined sugars represents= hate because your body rejects it by disease and sickness. When you learn to reach for love instead of hate you begin to heal those wounds and it starts to change your mindset.
- Regardless to where you are right now, even if you’re not where you think you should be, find acceptance. When you find acceptance it leads to peace of mind and that peace of mind will release the anxiety and stress you have that’s surrounded around your weight. Releasing that stress also decreases your cortisol levels, making it easier to let go of the weight.
- Ask yourself what purpose is your weight serving? Somehow (probably subconsciously) you believe it is serving a purpose. Is it protecting you from something? Is it holding you back from getting out of your comfort zone? Dissect what purpose it serves for you and then visualize wrapping that purpose up in a pretty little package with balloons tied to it and let it go, watch it fly up into the sky until you can’t see it anymore. You can also do this exercise in meditation.
- Work on building confidence with self-affirmations. But make them believable so that you can accept them subconsciously which is key to making major shifts with your mindset. For instance, instead of saying I am skinny (because I know I’m not and my subconscious will never believe that) I say something like, “every day I get more fit and healthy.”
- Exercise and eat healthy for health purposes only. It is so much easier on your spirit than when you do it out of vanity, self-loathing or social pressure.
- Don’t wait to love yourself when__________or start your business when__________ or start Periscope when________________(you fill in the blank) learn to love and accept yourself NOW and do them TODAY!
Learn to love every inch of your body from head to toe even if you’re not the size 6 that you want to be because when you fall in love with you, learning to eat healthier and exercising will come with the territory and it will eventually become part of your routine.
Besides, who says you have to be a size 6 to be sexy? Because I must’ve missed that memo, girrl!
As a woman who has always struggled with my weight, I personally have come to accept that I will probably never be a size 6 and honestly not even at age 12 was I ever a size 6 and guess what? I have no desire to be anymore since I fell in love with me. I absolutely love being a size 14 curvy woman, as long as I’m healthy and happy with me, that’s all that matters.
So to all the women out there who obsess and are secretly at war with their bodies, like I was, it’s time to waive the white flag and find peace.
YOU are beautiful and you are perfect just the way you are!
And for those of you who struggle with your weight like I do, just remember that with every food choice that you make, you are either feeding your body Love or you’re feeding it Hate.
Always try to reach for Love but forgive yourself easily when you fall short. Remember, to be kind to YOU.
Oh and if you want to come by and say Hi, I am now LIVE on Instagram Story’s @crowned4success Yes, I am finally getting visible! 😉